"Leadership When It Counts"
San Diego / Nov 17th - Nov 20th 2009
“Leadership When It Counts,” the theme of this year’s conference is vital in these tough times. This conference is designed to take you on a tour of great ideas, models and innovations focused on strengthening your contributions and value to your organization. Long-time CETPA annual conference attendees know – it’s like nothing else! We are excited to be trying out a new venue this year in San Diego’s Town and Country Resort. Centrally located in the heart of Mission Valley, the hotel offers a variety of services in a lovely setting.
CETPA continues to evolve and adapt to bring value to its members, with initiatives that target important ideas in technology and education today. For example, CETPA is playing a key role in bringing together partners around Governor Schwarzenegger’s Digital Textbook Initiative. We all recognize the inevitable march toward a future with more and more electronic learning resources – savvy technology leaders are looking for ways now to get ready for that future.
The 2009 conference will span four days, November 17th through the 20th with EXPANDED SESSIONS Tuesday beginning at 9:30am. In addition to the excellent sessions you expect at the CETPA conference, you’ll also see a strand of offerings focused specifically on Digital Learning including:
- Panels of experts bringing you up to speed on the status of the classroom technology that is available today
- Presentations on how digital materials are currently being used in classrooms
- Discussions about where these technologies are going in the future.
You’ll see additional breakout sessions designed to help you strategically think through a variety of ideas and models available to fit your organizations needs in the next few years. And you’ll hear ideas about funding and budgeting implications that go with all of this.
Beyond the digital learning resources, this year’s conference covers an array of other invaluable topics to our profession. From the latest news on cloud computing, green technologies, virtualization, open source technologies, and more, to ideas and inspiration on resolving challenges with Web 2.0 technologies, social networking, E-Rate solutions, and beyond, our breakout and hands-on sessions offer a host of real-world solutions to real-world problems you face every day.
Other reasons to attend include:
- Networking opportunities including meals, receptions hospitality suites
- Over 168 Exhibitors ready to discuss your technology needs
- Excellent keynote speakers
- Hands on Labs with several sessions that let you experience the technology first hand
- The Technology Pavilion with displays and informational sessions of classroom technology, email kiosks and printing capability is open 24 hours
- CETPA’s Silent Auction raises money for our Bridge to the Future Student Scholarships.
The Registration fee includes all sessions, hands-on-labs, tech-talks, general sessions, vendor show, receptions and hospitality suites. Continental breakfast is offered on Wednesday and Thursday and a full breakfast on Friday. Lunch is served on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Please send payment to: 915 L Street #C424 Sacramento, CA 95814